Turn off the lights
- Turning off the lights in unoccupied classrooms can save 10% of lighting energy and can decrease cooling costs too!
- Consider using natural daylight as a source of light on a bright day. Keeping shades open can maximize the amount of daylight entering a space
Close Windows & Doors
- Keep all doors and windows to the outside closed during the heating season.
- Every hour a window is open, $0.70 in energy exits that space!
Use the computer power saver
- Use Energy Star power saver feature on your computer
- You can reduce electricity for each computer by as much as $45 annually!
Reduce Plug Load
- Turn off and unplug chargers, printers and other electronics when not in use.
- Unplug major appliances during long vacations and summer break.
- Report broken or malfunctioning equipment or systems through a proper work order system.