NHPS Foundation serves as the central registration, screening and placement service for school based volunteer programs in New Haven Public Schools. Volunteer opportunities are available during school hours and in after school programs supported by New Haven Public Schools.
- Tutors - Adult and High School Volunteers spend one hour per week tutoring students one-to-one or in small groups; opportunities available in all grade levels, subject areas and schools.
- Mentors - Students benefit from a friendship with a caring adult who spends one hour per week meeting at school to read together, play games or just talk over lunch in the school cafeteria. Orientation and training program required.
- Classroom or Library Assistants - Volunteers spend one to four hours per week assisting in classrooms or libraries.
- Guest Readers - Volunteer once per week or even once per month as a guest reader in elementary school, Pre-K to 3rd grades.
- Volunteers - Central registration, screening and training for school volunteers.
Click here for NHPS screening policy and forms
New Haven Public School Foundation, Inc
80 Hamilton Street, New Haven, CT 06511
Phone: (203) 946-6950 Fax: (203) 946-2222