Helping children learn and achieve is a goal you share with teachers. Meet the people who work with your children at school--teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors and administrators. You are all a part of your children's "team"--helping them to succeed in school and beyond.
- Attend teacher conferences and parents' nights.
- Ask for recommendations for reading and learning activities to do at home.
- Know the teacher's expectations for classroom behavior, homework and parental involvement.
- Ask teachers what they think of your child's work and what you should be doing to help.
- Keep in touch with the schools and let your child's teachers know how you think your child is doing. Tell teachers about any problems that come up when you are helping them at home. Teamwork: Parents and Teachers
Source: American Federation of Teachers Website